Confirmed Fall 2020 events for language educators are as follows. Plans for additional events are in progress!
- Committed to Change: Promoting Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Language Education, a yearlong, non-credit seminar in 2020-21 for UW-Madison language educators. Fall 2020 meetings from 3:00-4:30 pm on Friday, September 25, October 16, November 13, December 4.
- UW-Madison’s Languages, a new initiative to raise awareness of the value of multilingualism, of the many languages spoken by members of the UW-Madison community, and of language as a key aspect of diversity
- New inter-institutional initiative for shared language instructor professional learning, The Language Collaboratory
- Spring 2021 Lecture Series: Critical Approaches to Language Studies
- Interdepartmental Orientation Workshop for New Language Instructors, August 24-25
- SLA lecture: 3:00-4:00 pm, Friday, September 11, Undoing White Supremacy in the Language Disciplines, Mary Bucholtz, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Language Institute workshop: 2:00-4:00 pm, Friday, September 18, Cultural and Linguistic Competence through Social Justice, L.J. Randolph Jr., University of North Carolina, Wilmington
- Language Institute lecture: 4:00-5:00 pm, Wednesday, October 28, The Design of Transformative Learning Experiences, Julio Rodriguez, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa